Turning Green Press Release: Climate Change Action Survey Seeks Gen Z Student Perspectives

Environmental nonprofit Turning Green has launched a global survey on climate change action, seeking input from tens of thousands of college and university students. The survey will assess student knowledge of climate change and ideas for solutions-based climate action.  

Titled “Anxiety to Action,” the survey in part stems from the ideas of Stephen Kirk, a 21-year-old student at the University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom, who participated in Turning Green’s Project Green Course. For his final course project, Kirk developed a campus workshop and survey focused on transforming climate anxiety into action.  

“I have a lot of anxiety about climate change, but connecting with like-minded students helps me feel not alone,” says Kirk. “I began working with Turning Green and students across the world to use our shared passion for the planet and collective voice to make bold, impactful change. The survey is the entry point.”  

Turning Green is a global student-led movement devoted to cultivating a healthy, just, thriving planet through education and advocacy around climate justice, environmental sustainability, and public health. Participants will have the option to join student-led climate action groups once the survey is complete. The survey ends May 15th, 2022, and can be found at turninggreen.org/climate-survey.

03/05/2022

Mariam Jallow

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031