UEA Angels in Derby Day heaven

The balcony was full for the Derby Day Cheer Dance and Stunt competition which saw the UEA Angels triumph over the Essex Flames in both disciplines.

The event began with the UEA Angels large pom showcase dance which elicited shouts and chants from the partisan crowd. The competition was then started by the Essex Flames small pom competing against the UEA Angels Derby Day large pom dance. This allowed for a specially formed larger squad than the one used for normal competition, with the group showcasing a blur of golden pom-poms during their brilliant routine.

Highlights included the peformance element of the competition, which was not marked, such as the highest basket toss and longest extension showcase. The basket toss was a close call, with both the Angels and Flames performing to a high standard. However, there was a clear winner of the longest extension, which once again led to screams of triumph from the UEA crowd as they won both events. The UEA Angels Stunt Showcase team also performed with beaming smiles during the difficult choreography.

The competition was revitalised by the performance of the Essex Flames Level Two Stunt competing team who were followed by the UEA Angels Level Three stunt competing team who both competed well. The final performance was from the Essex Flames Level One stunt showcase Team and the UEA Angels Small Pom showcase dance squad.

The results were called out and it was revealed that UEA had won both Cheer Dance and Cheer Stunt competitions. This was a particularly significant win as the UEA Cheer Dance team had never won a competition at Derby Day, while Cheer Stunt were without a win for a number of years.

The UEA captains were keen to stress the success of this yearís team and their commitment to the competition. Both captains commended the positive atmosphere and healthy competition, given the heckling which has occurred in previous years.

18/03/2017

sophiebunce

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031