UEA unveils 50th anniversary plans

The University will stage a festival weekend featuring a world famous act as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations next year.

UEA has announced details of the event taking place between the 28th-29th September, which will feature a free community activity day alongside theatre, music and comedy. There will also be street performers, a world food market and talks by well known UEA alumni.

The university broad will play host to a fairground and concert on the evening of the 28th September, with the mystery headline act set to be announced next year.

The festival will form just one of the highlights of the anniversary year, which include an exhibition of East Anglian art at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts. Drawn from major collections, “Masterpieces: Art and East Anglia” will showcase works the region has inspired, produced and collected, as well as those that have been long associated with the area, and demonstrate its importance in a national and international context.

There will also be a display of artwork by former UEA professor Howard Temperley at Norwich Cathedral, a series of concerts by the university’s choirs and orchestras, and an exhibition at the Forum showcasing the university’s areas of excellence and its impact on local communities.

Vice-Chancellor Prof. Edward Acton said: “I am delighted to announce the plans for the university’s 50th anniversary. This will be a celebration of all that UEA has achieved both nationally and internationally, and all that it has to offer – to students, staff, alumni and the local community as a whole.”

The last five decades have seen over 100,000 students graduate from UEA, with the University being ranked in both the top 1 per cent of institutions globally and among the ten best Universities in the world under 50 years old.

23/10/2012

sophiewitts

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930