UEA announces £7.4m Institute of Productivity

A new Institute of Productivity has been announced by the university which would aid in educating the next generation of ‘digitally aware engineers’. The new hub will allow the UEA to create its long-anticipated School of Engineering by 2021. The Institute is expected to have dedicated workshops to advanced robotics, a 3D printing studio, a digital design lab, and shared studio space, to name a few. A grant of £4.5 million has already been agreed by the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership for Norfolk and Suffolk and this will be matched by UEA. Fiona Lettice, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation at UEA said “At the heart of the Institute are the engineers of the future. The institute will support businesses in our region by enabling them to work alongside world-class researchers and students to discover practical solutions to current and future challenges.”

Key facts about the Institute of Productivity:

• 1,500 people will be trained in the first five years from engineering and related sectors
  • Enrolling a total of 1,268 new engineering learners within the first five years
  • 16 new academic roles, 13 research posts and eight skilled staff jobs
  • Open to further education students in Norfolk and Suffolk
  • Create new research partnerships
08/10/2019

Bryan Mfhaladi

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930