UEA appoints new Chief Operating Officer

Earlier this month UEA announced the decision to appoint Jenny Baxter as its Chief Operating Officer (COO).

The newly created position will see Mrs. Baxter join UEA’s Executive Team in a “vital role in the University’s achievement of its strategic ambitions, as outlined in its Vision 2030 and UEA Plan 2016- 2020.”

Mrs. Baxter’s career spans 30 years, having started at the BBC as a graduate trainee, later progressing to numerous senior roles in the News department such as Head of Foreign News, Live News Editor and Controller of Production.

She ended her career at the BBC as COO of BBC North, leading 3,000 members of staff at its base in MediaCity Salford, the second largest in the country.

She currently works at the Open University as a Senior Programme Manager in their current transformative project focusing on future Student Experience and Digital Transformation.

According to the job specification, key duties of her role will include overseeing the continued investment of £300 million into the university, providing leadership for the overall development, management and sustainability of the university’s professional services.

Additionally, she will be expected to work in close communication with the Vice Chancellor and others, with objectives such as “developing a productive relationship with the Students’ Union,” and “promoting a strong corporate culture of excellence and innovation.”

Commenting on her appointment, Mrs Baxter said: “UEA is a university with a proud history of real innovation in fields as diverse as creative writing and climate change science and also excels with its strong focus on student experience and research intensity.

“There is no doubt that the university sector has many challenges ahead and I’m delighted to be joining the team in Norwich and focusing on delivery of the UEA 2030 plan.”

13/02/2018

shannonmcdonagh

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930