UEA Ballroom and Latin Club have had a busy term, with two competitions: Leicester Friendly competition in October, and Nottingham Varsity in November.

With painfully early starts, hours of practice, and lots of blisters, our competitors still put on their best performances for each competition.

The Leicester competition was our first of the year, and for many of our members, it was their first ever dance competition. This is what makes our results so incredible: as a team, we received 44 call-backs, and ten finals!

Nottingham Varsity was our second, and also one of our most competitive competitions of the year.

Once again, our beginners absolutely smashed it!

With a 3:45am start, we headed off to Kings Hall in Stoke-on-Trent, ready to start dancing from 9am.

We received 32 call-backs and four finals at Nottingham. One of our couples had only been dancing together for two weeks and reached the finals in both Jive and Cha Cha.

Furthermore, Hannah Jones and Cameron Willson, competing in the ex-student category, also came first place in both the Ballroom and Latin sections!

Cameron Willson, President, says: ‘I’m over the moon about how well our club has done in our first two early competitions!’

We’re looking forward to our next competition, UEA Friendly, which takes place on Saturday 25th January 2020, and is open for anyone to come and watch!