UEA Football can look forward to a cup final at Carrow Road after beating Great Yarmouth on penalties after a thrilling 2-2 draw.

Despite crafting the opening chances, UEA fell behind from a headed free-kick 15 minutes in: the right-back nodding in unmarked.

The reaction was swift, but a large shout for a UEA penalty was denied, and Sziemenczuk was booked for diving.

They kept pushing and the equalizer came as a Josh Pond free kick was pushed in at the back post by Luke Young.

Immediately, Yarmouth went ahead again as the defensive frailties from set-pieces continued.

A corner from the left was headed in once again by the right-back, and the U’s were chasing the game again.

After the goal, Yarmouth sat back and invited pressure on themselves.

Young had another chance on the turn, but his shot was saved and held by the Yarmouth Keeper.

But the standout moment from the game was a 30-yard screamer from UEA winger, Mo Hassan.

Picking up the ball in midfield and shifting the ball on to his right foot, he curled the ball into the left top corner and left the keeper rooted to the spot.

After the whirlwind first half, both teams dug in and a more tactical game developed. Dominated by half-chances, by the 70th minute, both teams were playing for extra-time.

UEA started brightly in the overtime, with Hassan forcing another save out of the resolute Yarmouth keeper.

The best chance came as the Yarmouth winger was brought down in the UEA box in what was almost certainly a penalty.

The referee, however, thought otherwise and the U’s were very fortunate to stay at 2-2.

Like the quarter final two weeks ago, the game went to penalties.

Going to sudden death, after a particularly poor fourth penalty for Yarmouth, Pond stepped up to bury the final spot kick and send the travelling fans wild.The final is due to be played at Carrow Road on March 23rd.