UEA cleaner becomes author

Jim Moore, 72, has been working at UEA for 11 years and has recently self-published two books, and a third is pending. He hopes to complete the trilogy by the end of this year.

The books are a mix of fantasy and history. He was first inspired to write them when he would tell his children bedtime stories but forget the plot he had come up with the next day when he was supposed to continue the story. So, with great encouragement from his kids, Moore decided to record his ideas.

The characters are mainly animals, which are inspired by walks he went on with his two dogs in the Yare Valley.

Moore suffered from a stroke in July last year, which spurred him on to make his lifelong dream a reality by turning his notes into books. Moore’s son has done the graphics for the front covers and his wife has helped with editing.

Moore has three children and four grandchildren, some of which didn’t know about the publishing endeavour. For Christmas, Moore surprised them with signed copies of the books.

Moore hasn’t decided whether to sell the books, but if he does, he says he wishes to donate any profits made to the stillbirth and neonatal death charity, Norfolk Sands. This charity is close to his heart, as he and his wife lost a stillborn child.

We wish the best to Moore and his family and look forward to the final book release!

18/02/2019

Beth

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031