UEA goes green

Facilitated nationally by People and Planet, Go Green Week at UEA is an exciting programme of events aiming to share highlights of UEA sustainability with its staff and students.

It encourages people to join collective positive action for the environment and global society. The events will be running on campus from 12-16 February and will include a range of activities, such as finding out about low carbon technology, to understanding the global implications of fossil fuels.

UEA’s Sustainablity team will be in the Hive with a number of green societies all day Wednesday and Friday, inspiring students to participate in the Green Consultation on how can UEA be more sustainable?

Sustainable Development Manager, Catrin Darsley told Concrete: “UEA is live-streaming a screening of ‘To the Ends of the Earth’ with a Q&A from special guests involved in the film, including Emma Thompson, on Monday evening.”

The short film will be shown in Arts 2.01 from 6.30pm onwards, showing the denouncement of the rise of extreme energy, by envisioning a new world that embraces a post-growth economy.

From zero waste workshops to helping pick litter up across the site, Go Green week has both practical sessions and information for students available to get involved at their own pace.

SU Environmental Officer Rhys Purtill said, “At the SU we believe we have a responsibility to do all we can to limit our negative environmental impact. We have designed our Go Green Week’s timetable with the idea in mind of informing students of how they can live in a more sustainable way.

In a time when climate change is so high on the international agenda, we believe we should all do our part and we hope that students will join us in learning how to limit their own environmental impact too.”

13/02/2018

bethpapworth

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3