Featured Posts, News

UEA surges into Good University Guide top twenty

Published in full tomorrow, the 2014 combined Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide places the University of East Anglia in an unprecedented position in 17th.

Untitled-2

The comprehensive Guide recognised the University’s almost unmatched student satisfaction scores as well as good staffing levels as indicators of a university worthy of a place within the top twenty. A record uncommon among universities in the aftermath of the 2012 tuition fee rise, the Guide too acknowledged the University of East Anglia’s success in recruitment.

In assessing institutions of higher education ‘Research’ forms part of the Guide’s criterion. The University of East Anglia’s ranking inside the world top 100 for research excellence by the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2013 will in part account for The Times & Sunday Times’ decision.

A fifteen place improvement in the Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide from the previous year has been replicated in other league tables revealed this year. The University was ranked as one of the best twenty universities in both the Guardian University Guide and the Complete University Guide, surpassing the positions of the previous year.

Vice-Chancellor Prof Edward Acton said: ‘UEA has had a remarkable year in the league tables; our consistent top twenty performance reflects the splendid efforts of our staff and students in making this a wonderful place to live and learn.’

A festival held by the University later this month to celebrate the University’s bicentenary will provide the opportunity for students past and present alongside the local community to ‘celebrate this news alongside everything else we have accomplished over the last half century’, as Professor Acton identifies.

21/09/2013

andrewansell

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031