UEA graduate on the run arrested in London

UEA History graduate Angela Davey, 38, was arrested by police officers in London, having been on the run for several months after being caught in an underground drugs operation. She had since been on Norwich’s Most Wanted list. She appeared at Norwich Crown Court last Friday for a short hearing in custody but failed to be sentenced.

Davey graduated from UEA in 2003 and went on to become a teacher, marrying and having two children. It is thought that Davey became involved with drugs when she started a relationship with a County Lines gang member through Tinder after the breakdown of her marriage.

Three other members of the gang were trialed at the same time as Davey and were charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs. They were given a total sentence of 11 years.

Earlier this month Davey’s lawyer, Andrew Oliver, announced that due to withdrawal symptoms from her drug usage, Davey was not well enough to have any discussions regarding her bail offense However he stated that it was likely that she would plead guilty in future. He remarked that ‘It is inevitable she is going to be remanded into custody’.

Whilst in custody, Davey will be looked after by a medical team and given the appropriate treatment. She is currently recovering in Peterborough Prison whilst awaiting sentencing.

The family of Davey are relieved to know that she is now safe in the hands of the police. Davey’s father, David Wilkes, has been fearing for her safety and wellbeing since he last saw her in August 2016. He stated ‘We are just so, so pleased she is somewhere safe and off the streets’.

18/02/2019

abiisteer

December 2021
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031