UEA to host Commonwealth Agriculture Conference

UEA has been announced as the next host of the prestigious biennial Commonwealth Agriculture Conference.

The event will take place in Norwich in July 2020, to provide a meeting place for agricultural associations, plus other trade and research bodies. It is expected that UEA will host over 300 international delegates from across developed and developing nations of the Commonwealth.

A delegation from the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association, which runs the Royal Norfolk Show and operates the Norfolk Showground, were in Edmonton, Canada, last month at this year’s event.

Its Chairman, Sir Nicholas Bacon, described hosting as ‘a huge honour’.

He continued: ‘[W]e are setting out an agenda for 2020 that will look at the major challenges facing farming globally and the roles that we can play in supporting positive development in the Commonwealth.’

The event is expected to last for three days and include sessions on sustainability, food production and leading agricultural businesses. The RNAA plans to welcome visitors with several excursions around Norfolk, including to Sandringham.

03/12/2018

Tony Allen

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31