Main Stories, News

UEA launches first LGBT+ club night at the LCR

With Norwich offering LGBTQ+ friendly nightclubs, pubs and bars in the city, UEA SU welfare community and diversity officer, Aaron Campbell, has now announced the first LGBTQ+ club night at the LCR, on campus.

He said: “Part of my manifesto is about recognising marginalized groups and providing opportunities and spaces to those students. I have a real heart for LGBTQ+ students and one thing I have heard is that there is not both a safe and appropriate club space in town anymore. I wanted to provide such a club night to LGBTQ+ students.”

The club night ‘Spectrum’ boasts “great music, great company and a gay ol’ time!”, with tickets on sale for £3, and entry from 10:00pm on 11 November. The music is set to include a wide range of genres, with a DJ who has worked on LGBTQ+ nights before, so everyone is expected to get a dance to a song they enjoy.

Students can expect to be reassured that the alcohol impact crew will be on hand, alongside the security team, briefed to best protect LGBTQ+ attendees.

Tickets can be purchased at uea.su/tickets

16/11/2021

Una Jones

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930