UEA Medical Centre urge students to continue regular Covid testing

The Medical Centre is issuing advice to students regarding which Covid tests to take.

Students with symptoms (a new cough, fever, sore throat, loss of taste and sense of smell) are urged to book a PCR test.

A PCR test should be done if there are symptoms present. PCR tests are free, easy to do, and can be booked online. Results can be yielded within 1-2 days and there is even a testing site on campus (near Earlham Hall). Students can book their test here: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test  

The Medical Centre are also highlighting recent occurrences where Covid is presenting like a cold and recommend a PCR test when experiencing any similar symptoms.

Lateral flow tests (LFTs) can be used to test for asymptomatic Covid (when there are no symptoms). These are the test at home, 30-minute rapid result tests. If the test is negative, then it can be assumed the tester does not have Covid at the point in time. If the test is positive, then a PCR test must be booked immediately to confirm this result and follow isolation rules.

The Medical Centre is also highlighting the need for students to register with the practice as soon as possible, as students are unable to turn up to be seen without prior registration.

07/12/2021

Una Jones

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031