UEA Netball Club (UEANC) have got off to a superb start to their 2019/20 BUCS season.

This year is a huge year for the club and particularly the two BUCS teams, as they both have promotion set in their sights.

The BUCS season began with the 1st team at home against De Montfort University 1st team, which drew a great home crowd to support. The girls played their absolute hearts out, demonstrating that they meant business for this year. They had a comfortable win, with a final score of 77-36.

This win is something which can be credited to the whole team, as everyone put in a solid performance, from those who were turning over the oppositions attack to the shooters who collectively got 77 goals between them. In particular, Tara Chapman and Deanna Hollings were named players of the match as they really stood out. 

The 2nd team also had a great start against Bedfordshire University, despite their first BUCS game of the season being away from home. Their final score was 87-7, and once again you can see the effort which was put in by each and every member of the squad. The players of the match were awarded to Yasmin Scott-Gray and Millie Maguire after a really good game from them both.

The following Wednesday also resulted in a double BUCS win for the netball girls. The 1st team travelled to Nottingham to play their 4th team and won convincingly, with the final score being 60-45. Away games can often be tough without your own fans for support and with the long journey before play, however the 1st team still did a fantastic job.

The 2nd team had their first home game of the season where they faced Coventry 3rd team. The home crowd did a great job of keeping the girls spirits high, and they had a really great game with the final score being 49-25 to UEA. In spite of a few dips throughout the game, UEA ran away with the 3rd quarter and continued to increase their score. This was not only a testament to how good the team is, but also how far they continue to push themselves.

These BUCS results are a really positive reflection of how hard both teams have been working during their training sessions leading up to the games.

Both teams are fighting hard to win every game of the season.

Hopefully, this will result in a promotion.