UEA one of top-100 most international unis

The University of East Anglia has achieved a place in the top 100 in the Times Higher Education Top 200 Most International Universities 2016. According to the Times Higher Education supplement, UEA achieved its prominent position as 93rd out of the 800 institutions that were evaluated.

The universities were evaluated across several factors: the international awareness of their academics – shown by the amount of collaboration with colleagues on a global basis – and the extent to which the university encompassed a diverse student populace were two of the significant elements that determined international achievements.

As students from more than 120 countries travel the world to study in the heart of Norfolk, it is not a surprise that UEA holds such a culturally integrated student body. Academic accomplishments that UEA has attained through connecting with difference parts of the world on research projects, has allowed this university to earn the right on the list.

UEA researchers with scientists from 21 countries were able to discover threatened forests in the Amazon. The famous research project, now known as the Global Carbon Budget, was carried out by a combination of institutes from across Europe, Australia and North America, and together with UEA scientists they were able to prove the decline of carbon dioxidec emissions in 2015.

Having research connections with world renowned institutions such as Harvard University, and universities in China, UEA has been experiencing ongoing expansion as their office networks have travelled east to China, India, Nigeria and Malaysia. More plans for further expansion are yet to come in the near-future.

UEA’s engagement with global issues and its research have been greatly appreciated. UEA Vice-Chancellor, Professor David Richardson said: “Our spot in the top 100 cements our position as a globally-recognised university. It’s wonderful to receive such acknowledgement of the extent of our global reach. Here on our campus we also have a hugely diverse student and staff population which we’re very proud of, with students from more than 120 countries studying here”.

A Times Higher Education spokesperson said: “An institution’s global outlook is one of the key markers of a prestigious university. The top institutions hire faculty from all over the world, attract students from a global market of top talent and collaborate with leading departments wherever they happen to be based.

“It is great news for all the institutions in the list of the most international universities in the world. It is a sign of great potential, competitiveness and dynamism”.

26/01/2016

AmandaNg

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930