UEA Post Room Moves to The Street

The latest updates to the new Post Room on UEA campus have been revealed.

The former Waterstones building closed its doors permanently in 2020. Over the last few months, signs have gone up next to the Student Information Zone (SIZ) detailing a revamp for the new UEA Post Room.

The Post Room, currently located in the Arts building, will make the official move over the May bank holiday. Remaining open for business in its current location, underneath the Arts Building until 4.15pm on Thursday 28 April. It will then be closed on Friday 29 April and over the May bank holiday weekend before reopening in the new space on Tuesday 3 May.

While UEA boasts many key amenities, some students have found accessibility issues with their locations. The Post Room move now means all key amenities are based on a central campus location, with the Laundrette, SIZ, Shop @ UEA and now the Post Room all based on The Street.

The new Post Room will offer an accessible space for students including a wheelchair accessible counter and more indoor queuing and waiting spaces.

For those looking to collect post or make enquiries at quieter times, the Post Room have revealed that Monday is their busiest day for parcel and post collection, with approximately 800 student visitors. Overall, Post Room staff handle over 3,500 items of mail weekly.

This is not the only change to campus, as the Campus Development Programme means almost 1,000 members of staff have been moved to new office spaces.

If you have any queries about mail collection, please contact the Post Room directly via postroom@uea.ac.uk.

03/05/2022

Una Jones

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031