Featured Posts, News

UEA ranked second in National Student Survey poll

The University of East Anglia has leapt two points ahead of the UK’s renowned Russell Group universities Oxford and Cambridge to come second place in student satisfaction, The National Student Survey (NSS) has revealed.

UEA

The annual survey, which polled over 304,000 final year students this year, is nationally recognised as key a measure in calculating students’ opinions on the quality of their degree.

Final year undergraduates were invited to answer questions on the quality and enjoyment of their courses, and results ranked the UEA as the joint mainstream university, with students giving a score of 93% for overall satisfaction.

Whilst the university came second place overall, four UEA courses were ranked first in the country. Those studying social geography and philosophy were 100 per cent satisfied with their courses. The scores for microbiology and drama also achieved first place in student satisfaction.

Other courses narrowly missed out on the first place mark achieving places in the top five. Chemistry, media studies and American studies reached joint second, with medicine, economics, politics and English following not far behind in fourth place. Physical Geography, Environmental Science, Pharmacy and Creative Writing all came in at fifth place.

Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Professor Neil Ward commented “I am delighted that our students have once again demonstrated such high levels of satisfaction with UEA. This important survey explores in great detail students’ assessment of the quality of the education we provide – from the support and advice we offer, to the enthusiasm and skills of our lecturers.”

UEA has celebrated its 50 years of academia this year with a multitude of accolades. Most notably are its ranking at the top of The Times Higher Education survey in April, and this month’s NSS statistics. The UEA has been present in the NSS top ten since 2005, marking a testament to the university’s unwavering standard of education.

14/08/2013

ciarajack