UEA Researchers Named in World’s Most Highly Cited List

Eight UEA researchers and another based in Norwich Research Park have been recognised for being the most highly cited in the world. The annual Highly Cited Researchers List, carried out by the Clarivate Web of Science Group for 2021, was recently published and acknowledged those ranking in the top 1% in citations for their respective fields. 

The UEA researchers named came from different areas of specialism including: plant and animal science, geosciences, social sciences, cross-field, pharmacology, and toxicology.

The list of the most highly cited researchers is determined by the quality of research produced. There are 492 researchers on the list from the UK, making the nation the 3rd most highly cited in the world. 

The Vice-Chancellor of UEA said on the acknowledgements: “I’m delighted that UEA researchers have been recognised once again for their excellence in the fields of climate, plant and health sciences. Together with our partners across Norwich Science Park this demonstrates the research strength and outstanding achievements of the work undertaken, confirming Norwich’s national and global influence”.

David Parfrey, CEO of Norwich Research Park, reinforced this sentiment stating: “Achieving such a high number of citations and the recognition this gets is vitally important to Norwich Research Park, as we embark on the next stage of our enterprise phase when we are looking to attract further inward investment and attract more businesses here. Which will ultimately benefit our region societally and economically by creating new jobs and commercialising the science developed here”.

07/12/2021

Rachel Keane

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031