UEA respond to timetabling errors by switching from Evision to Timetabler

In an attempt to modernise their timetabling systems in common with other major universities, the University of East Anglia have switched from Evision to Timetabler for the 2021-22 academic year. The move between providers has caused several problems within the university, including a delay in teaching staff receiving their teaching timetables while some students have started term on 27th September without a timetable.

A university spokesperson commented: “the implementation of the new timetabling system has not gone as smoothly as we had hoped, despite many months of planning. We know how important it is for students to receive their timetables as early as possible and acknowledge how difficult this has been. Staff in many areas of the university have worked around the clock to produce the timetables and are still working to improve and finalise them. We understand that some students, particularly those with work or caring responsibilities, may find that they need time to adjust their plans and students should talk to their advisor if they foresee any problems engaging with their studies”. 

Due to commercial confidentiality, the university were not able to provide a figure for their contract with Evision in the 2020-21 academic year, or a figure for their new contract with Timetabler/Booker in the 2021-22 academic year. 

Upon request of the extra cost switching from Evision to Timetabler has incurred to the university, a university spokesperson said: “the return on investment of a new timetabling system, like any digital system, is judged over several years. Generally, there are upfront costs in the early period and longer term financial, efficiency and other advantages”.

The university signposts students to the new Student Information Zone, both in-person and online, if they have any further questions about their timetables.

05/10/2021

Dolly Carter

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031