UEA second for satisfaction but scores low on assessment return time

Survey results released today highlight that UEA has risen to second in the country for student satisfaction among mainstream universities but has slipped to 168th for satisfaction on coursework return times.

Full-time, first degree final-year undergraduate taught students across the UK were asked to take part in the National Student Survey earlier this year to rank their university. Results from the survey released today ranked UEA as second for Overall Satisfaction levels among mainstream UK universities with a total satisfaction score of 92%. The university rose one place on last year’s position when it was ranked third.

Flickr, Lucy Fisher
Flickr, Lucy Fisher

UEA shares the second place sport with Winchester and Surrey universities as well as local Derby Day rivals: Essex. This year Keele University was ranked as the best mainstream university for student satisfaction by the survey which scored a total of 95% satisfaction rating.

Prof David Richardson, UEA vice-chancellor, has expressed his happiness at UEA’s satisfaction ranking and claimed that such a high score was due to the hard work of everyone at the university: “Scoring so highly for Satisfaction is testament to the efforts of academic and support staff as well as the Student Union and of course the students themselves in making UEA a top-class place to live and study.

“The result comes just a few months after UEA was ranked Top 10 in the UK for research outputs in the National Research Excellence Framework, demonstrating that we can deliver excellence in both teaching and research that together underpin our position in the Top 1% of Universities in the world.”

However, students at UEA were significantly less pleased when asked to respond to whether “feedback on my work has been prompt”. Overall the university ranked 168th of all higher education institutions for satisfaction with coursework return time.

Commenting on the news, Undergraduate Education Officer Connor Rand said “For a top 20 university to come 168th of UK institutions at satisfaction with coursework return times is simply not good enough. Getting work back on time isn’t some luxury- it’s essential to learning so it can impact on the next piece of work students do”.

12/08/2015

danfalvey Dan Falvey is an undergraduate politics student about to start his second year at UEA. Being an avid tea drinker means that he has the most essential skill needed to be a successful journalist. Outside of his interests in writing and politics, Dan. is also a regular theatre-goer, film geek and most importantly, a supporter of the mighty MK Dons.

March 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031