UEA Sport Award Nominations announced ahead of an exciting night

UEA Sport has enjoyed a successful season. UEA placed 35th out of the 142 Universities participating in BUCS. Softball finished as the highest-scoring club for UEA scoring 130 BUCS points. Futsal and Football both achieved success this year with the former being the second-highest scoring club and the latter, the third. Dodgeball ended up with 62 points, just edging out Hockey and Lacrosse who both scored 61 points, completing the top five BUCS point scorers at UEA.

With another year of sport at UEA coming to a close, this can only mean one thing, the UEA Sports Awards.

There are four main categories for the awards to fall under, the first being team awards. This category includes Local League Team of the Year, Team of the Year (University Competitions), and BUCS League Team of the Year.

The second category is for individual awards. This includes Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year. Nominated for the Men are Kiron Austin (Fencing), Joey Awala (Powerlifting), Pablo Bertran (Sailing), Timon Chapman (Swimming), and Oli Howes (American Football). Nominated for the Women are Hannah Bealey (Korfball), Rosa Chrystie-Lowe (Pentathlon), Phoebe Parker (Netball), Amelia Preece (Women’s Hockey), and Charlotte Slater (Fencing).

There are also awards for clubs. The awards are for Sustainability, Progress, Outreach, Fundraiser of the Year, Event of the Year, Committee of the Year, and Club of the Year as well as the Take a Stand award.

The final category is social media. With awards for best use of Twitter and Instagram as well as best photo and video.

With 24 awards up for grabs, it’s sure to be a wonderful evening to celebrate the sporting achievements of this past year at UEA.

03/05/2022

Don Laughlan

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031