UEA Sports Sessions

UEA Sport are running a number of initiatives to encourage students to engage with sport in order to improve physical and mental wellbeing, make new friends and to have fun.

The schemes have been designed to be inclusive and affordable, thus providing everyone with the chance of playing sport during their time at the UEA. Whether it be a conventional sport like Football or you fancy your hand at Rock Climbing, the Sportspark plays host to a range of sporting opportunities.

One of these brand-new initiatives is the Ziggurat Challenge.

The Ziggurat Challenge has been designed to promote enjoyable participation in the spirit of sporting competition, as well as encourage friendly rivalry between schools and departments. Participants compete for their school of study and teams comprise of both staff and students. This scheme acts as a fantastic way of combining studies with healthy competition.

What’s more, it allows you to attempt a full host of sports throughout the year. Whether you fancy your hand at ‘Tug-O-War’ or consider yourself a natural at Archery, the Ziggurat Challenge caters for all tastes.

For more information on how to take part and to view last year’s results visit www.ueasport.co.uk. Any further questions regarding the Ziggurat Challenge can be directed to studentsport@uea.ac.uk or you can call 01603 59356.

If competitive sport isn’t quite your cup of tea, UEA Active are hosting a range of drop-in-sessions that promote the fun and non-competitive aspects of sport. UEA Active have a strong commitment to ensuring opportunities to participate in sporting activities are as accessible as possible.

Leisurely sport allows for students to participate in a relaxed environment. These drop-in-sessions provide an affordable opportunity to join in without any requirement for membership or long-term commitment.

Students are given the opportunity to get active and take part in a wide variety of sport and fitness sessions. Affordability is key, with the sport sessions being priced at only £1. Fitness sessions are £2, and all drop-in sessions work on a first come, first served basis.

The workload and stress of university life can sometimes prove overwhelming, which is why UEA Active have organised a range of free physical activity sessions for students to take part in to help alleviate stress. These sessions include, yoga, box fit and free lunch time walking clubs.

Taking time out of studies to do some physical activity can help distress you and reinvigorate you for the rest of the day.

The Sportspark offer five different Student Membership upgrades; all designed to save you money on the classes and facilities that you use the most. Students are entitled to discounts in order to use the facilities as and when they please.

The Student Off-Peak Gym Membership works out at £2.89 per week. This allows you to visit the Sportspark Gym anytime at the weekend or before 4pm and after 8.30pm during the week. The Sportspark is home to a breadth of sports, with both indoor and outdoor spaces available.

To find out more information about memberships, or any queries, questions or additional information you require, visit the website, www.sportspark.co.uk or for further details call Sportspark reception on 01603 592398.

07/10/2018

Connor Southwell