LGBT+ History Month is running throughout February.  To mark the occation  a number of events have been organised by the Union of UEA Students and UEA Pride for students to get involved with. These include LGBT+ themed film screenings, panel events and socials. The month aims to promote equality, reflect on how far we as a society have come and look forward to what can still be done to ensure a more inclusive future. All of the events are open for anyone to attend regardless of how people choose to identify themselves, and the Facebook pages for the Union and UEA Pride will be updated regularly throughout the month to let students know what is going on. Alongside this, Unio will be serving rainbow cups and the bars will be displaying rainbow bunting to show their support.

UEA Pride President Elley West said: “I am, of course, super excited about LGBT+ History month. For me, every month is LGBT+ History month. Each day in our own ways we are writing our history, living it and experiencing its effects. So it is genuinely thrilling to watch other people, who might not usually engage with this history, taking part and understanding where the LGBT+ movement has come from and where it is going, and realising they are a part of that history too.

“UEA Pride have worked hard to bring students a range of events for all the spectrum, with bowling, film nights, discussions and a closing ceremony- there’s a lot to be proud of this month, for everyone”.