UEA students escorted Her Majesty

UEA students escorting the royal barge

Students from the University Royal Naval Unit (URNU) at UEA were aboard patrol boats that escorted the royal barge during the Jubilee Pageant in June.

Along with students from other universities, a number of UEA students had the privilege of providing the Queen’s guard of honour during the procession.

A small, lucky number of students were selected to take part in the celebration. Third year law student Natasha Bailey said: “It was an honour to represent both Great Britain and UEA to an international audience of millions whilst guarding the Queen and Royal Family.

She added: “I’m grateful to the URNU for all the amazing opportunities it has given me, but this one really was fantastic.”

Earlier in the summer, UEA URNU students sailed to Russia, stopping off at every Baltic country on the way. The fully commissioned warship that they were responsible for was greeted by politicians and ambassadors.

The URNU educates students in seamanship, command, leadership and management. Students have an opportunity to gain qualifications from the Chartered Management Institute and the Royal Yachting Association.

If you would like to get involved with the URNU contact matthew.waring@uea.ac.uk

25/09/2012

andrewlivesey

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031