UEA Swimming makes first ever BUCS Team final

Before Easter the UEA swim team gave an excellent performance in the last round of this year’s BUCS.

The competition was set up in three leagues: the Shield, Trophy and Championship Leagues, with UEA’s swimmers competing in the Trophy League. The event was run in two conferences, A and B, on Saturday morning and afternoon respectively, and UEA swam in the second conference, making it into the top 5 and qualifying for the finals on Sunday morning.

In spite of the swimmers giving Saturday their all, there were still some excellent swims made on Sunday morning.

Swimming President, Shelagh Golder, said: ‘I am so incredibly proud of the swim team and their achievements from the weekend, I really couldn’t have asked for much more from them. The team went above and beyond my expectations by making the final, a UEA Swimming first! It really was the best ending to our BUCS season after a truly exceptional year!’

10 teams went through to the Sunday morning, and UEA came away at the end of the weekend in 8th place, beating Sheffield Hallam 2 and Lancaster.

Although the team did not win their league, and it remains to be seen whether or not they will move up to the Championship, it has been one of the best performances in recent years, leaving many to look forward with hope to next year’s competitions.

07/06/2019

Jamie Hose

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930