Main Stories, News

UEA to become a ‘safe zone’ with new app.

UEA has joined up with Critical Arc to produce Safe Zone. Safe Zone is a new and free app for staff and students to use with the aim to make users [rephrased] feel safer on campus.

The app has many functions such as connecting [the user] directly to UEA Security if they need assistance should you feel concerned, frightened, or threatened on campus.

UEA are using this app to ensure everyone on campus feels safer, including those working late at night or alone early in the morning, be this staff, or students in the library. The app’s main function is a help button which immediately connects your location to an officer from Security so they can meet you and see you safely back to your car, a bus stop, or any destination on campus. Safe Zone also enables you to be alerted if any incident occurs on campus, as well as allowing you to be connected with security if First Aid is required, or if you feel threatened. The app can co-ordinate how to help you quickly and effectively.

You will need to register on the app with your UEA email address, and your location remains private until you call for help and assistance on the app, after which your location becomes private again.

16/11/2021

Lauren Bramwell

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930