Almost 4,000 students graduated from UEA this week, with sixteen ceremonies occurring 17 July – 21 July.

Honorary graduates included the poet George Szirtes, who told graduates on Monday “migrants are seeds of growth.”

They also included former Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls, whose father used to lecture in the BIO school, and broadcast journalist Matt Frei who told American Studies graduates of his experience meeting President Donald Trump.

Daniel Salliss, a former Environmental Sciences student, graduated with a starred First class.

He said: “I received the Michael Graham Prize for the best conservation project by an undergraduate for my master’s dissertation on crop raiding.

“A first was always my target throughout my degree but I never dreamed of achieving what I did. It makes all those all-nighters and coffee binges worth it. I have a lot of people to thank for their support.”

Alexis Lam graduated in one of the first ceremonies of the week, with the Pharmacy school. He said he felt “speechless” upon graduating from UEA.

He added: “I’m so happy, I’m so happy right now because to complete a Master of Pharmacy from Foundation is five years, it’s a long journey, so I’m so happy that it’s over.”

Alexis started his UEA journey with a one year foundation course at UEA INTO. He described the course as ““really helpful” for the rest of his studies, particularly with socialising with coursemates.

Proud graduates used the hashtag #UEAgrad17 on social media throughout the week.

Here are some of the highlights:

Congratulations to all the UEA students graduating this week! #ueagrad17 ????✨????

A post shared by Concrete (@concrete_uea) on