Gaming

UEA’s favourite games of the academic year

Resident Evil 2 remake (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

I feared that after 20 years this remake of the survival horror classic would forget everything that made the original so special, but it pulled through with excellent results. I was especially impressed by the fear-factor brought on by Mr X, who went from an easily dispatched threat in the original to an invincible pursuer who will stalk you throughout a large chunk of the game, his heavy footsteps echoing from rooms away as he gets closer and closer. He is an essential part of making Resident Evil 2 as tense as it is.

Jude Davies

Night in the Woods

This game was quite frankly weird and I loved it. Threading in such a creative twist really turns this story into an enthralling experience. With fantastically written characters and some really groovy tunes I would highly recommend this game for anyone looking for something a little different.

Joe Pallace

Thimbleweed Park

Yet another great game to come out of a crowd funded campaign, Thimbleweed Park really does feel like a labour of love intended to get people interested in the point and click genre. It really is an all-inclusive package, interesting and witty characters, puzzles that push you at times without feeling too hand-holdy and just enough mystery to keep you wanting to find out just what is going on. Even as a newcomer to this genre I had a great time puzzling my way through and would recommend it to anyone looking for an intriguing mystery, and a gruelling time on hardcore mode if you’re that way inclined.

Joe Pallace

Spider-Man

Spider-Man is an underdog studio in both gameplay and story. Peter Parker’s efforts to quell the chaos in New York caused by Wilson Fisk’s arrest only serve to tangle up his two lives as his sense of responsibility is stretched to its last thread. Apart from being one of the best representations of Peter Parker put to screen, the game boasts incredible polish as combat, traversal and even the small details that bring New York to life are fleshed out to create a fluid, versatile environment and playstyle.

Joem Opiña

29/05/2019

Jordan Hunnisett

1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031