Books

UEA’s Undergraduate Creative Writing Anthology launching virtually on June 25th

The Egg Box Publishing Society, the UEA Publishing Project’s student-led imprint, is holding an online launch event for 2021’s Undergraduate anthology entitled Under & Over. The anthology contains work solely by UEA Undergraduate students who have studied a Creative Writing module during the current academic year.

In the anthology’s introduction, Egg Box president Emma Seager writes: “This time a year ago, we were amid copyediting UEA’s previous Undergraduate anthology, Underscore, when it was announced that the UK would be heading into lockdown. Now, we find ourselves experiencing the longitudinal effects of the pandemic, the social restrictions of lockdown threatening the thriving community within UEA’s Creative Writing course.

“Despite this, UEA’s Creative Writing students have continued to produce an excellent standard of work, evident in the contents of this anthology, and the effort that our members here at Egg Box have invested into its editing and marketing. The cultural context in which we published this anthology is like no other, and it’s for this reason we chose the title Under & Over, to recognise the troughs from which many of our writers have had to pull themselves from during this pandemic, and the peaks they have climbed in doing so. It is with this in mind that we thank the students who have contributed to this anthology, their enthusiasm and support being the fuel behind its publication.”

The Egg Box Publishing Society offers a wide range of opportunities under the umbrella of publishing, including working on the shortlisting team for fellow UEA Publishing Project imprint Boiler House Press, producing and contributing to a variety of zines, and editing and marketing for the Undergraduate Creative Writing Anthology.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Posters2-1-560x792.jpg

The launch event will take place on June 25th at 7pm on the Egg Box Publishing Society’s Facebook page, which you can find here.

04/05/2021

Jack Oxford

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031