Union announces election timetable

Nominations for the Union of UEA Students (UUEAS) elections are set to open on the 19th of January. Five full-time officer positions and thirteen part-time positions are up for election.
The full-time officers are paid a wage of £18,000 a year, and have responsibility for managing the student union on a day-to-day basis; for collectively making executive decisions; and for leading the union’s campaigns.
Part-time officers work on a voluntary basis, and have the responsibility of representing specific groups – such as women, LGBT+ people and ethnic minorities – as well as campaigning on specific issues such as ethics or the environment.
The paid positions up for election are Campaigns & Democracy Officer, Undergraduate Education Officer, Postgraduate Education Officer, Welfare, Community & Diversity Officer and Activities & Opportunities Officer.
The part-time positions up for election are the LGBT+ Officer, Women’s Officer, Ethnic Minorities Officer, International Students’ Officer, Disabled Students’ Officer, Mature Students’ Officer, Ethical Issues Officer and Environment Officer. There are also four “non portfolio” officer positions, the roles of which are determined by the winners’ manifestos.
In last year’s election, an average of five candidates stood for each of the full-time positions and average turnout was 16.6%.
Nominations open on Monday 19th January and close on Friday 20th February. Training on campaigning and manifestos will be provided in week seven. Students interested in becoming a union officer can start their nomination process by visiting ueastudent.com/stand.

13/01/2015

elliotfolan

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930