Featured Posts, News

Union asks “What If?” in new consultation programme

The Students’ Union is to embark on a major programme of consultation with students about its building and services. Branded “What If”, students will be invited to feed in criticism, comments and ideas for the future of Union House. The move comes following criticism that changes to Union services have been carried out without sufficient consultation or input from students.

whatif2

Photo: UUEAS

In Week 7 the Union will consult over the future of Union House. Activities will include:

· An interactive design wall where students will be invited to draw on new features for Union House
· Images from leading students unions around the UK with an opportunity to comment
· Meetings with student groups and committees to find out exactly what students want from a new building

In Week 8 the Union will consult on its bars, ents and shop. Activities will include:

· A chance for students to submit any idea that they think would improve bars, ents or shops
· A “dragon’s den” style event to discuss creative new ideas for services or products
· A major input exercise from the Union’s 130 student staff

Union Finance Officer, Joe Levell, said “Union House was designed for a different era – so with a real prospect of investment from the University, we’re rolling our sleeves up to find out what our members want. We also want ideas from students about the bars, ents and shops- its’ time we gave our union back to its members.”

Union Communications Officer Rosie Rawle said, “When I got elected I said I wanted radical communications. That’s what we’re doing in week 7 and 8 – rather than just asking students to write a motion or attend a meeting, we’re getting them directly involved in the way their union will run.”

For more details, email Union Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Chloe Alexander at c.alexander@uea.ac.uk.

28/10/2013

admin This is the website admin, an account used by the online editor. Email concrete.online@uea.ac.uk if you spot an error or have a question.

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031