Featured Posts, News

Union Council – live

Union Council is now over but you can view our coverage and your reactions in the Tweets below. Tweeting by Amy Adams and Philip Thomas.

Union Council is being live streamed for the first time, starting this evening at 7pm. We’re live tweeting the debate and decisions. Here’s what to look out for:

Put forward by Rhiannon Mohabir of UEA Korfball Club and seconded by Non-Portfolio officer Abbi Forsyth, the proposed amendment states that “the Union will no longer bank with RBS-NatWest, but the Union and its clubs and societies can still partake in events sponsored by RBS NatWest, including competitions such as RBS ESSA.”

If the motion passes, students will be able to watch the RBS Six Nations Rugby in the bar when it begins in February, and apply for extra ESSA funding for clubs.

The boycott recently came to light – here’s the initial story. The latest issue of Concrete (22 Jan.) included an in-depth explanation of the situation.

•  A constitutional amendment proposed by Concrete to increase transparency regarding the chief executive of the Union of UEA Students. 

The full agenda is available here.

Live stream via the Union of UEA Students – watch from 7pm: 

24/01/2013

Harry Slater

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31