Investigations have been launched after a University of Leicester student was photographed with a t-shirt bearing a racist slogan.

The t-shirt was worn during a white t-shirt social in the university a few weeks ago with the person wearing a top including the phrase ‘Hitler wanted my kind alive’. White t-shirt socials are  events where participants wear a white t-shirt displaying messages on their shirts.This all came after a recent photograph at another event had a University of Leicester student wearing a high visibility vest with the phrase ‘I’m a Nazi’ written on it in marker pen. A statement released from the Students Union said: “This action is wholly unacceptable and completely against our core values. Offensive behaviour that marginalises any group within our community constitutes a breach of the regulations governing student discipline and we have launched an inquiry into this incident through a disciplinary process. The entire executive team would like to sincerely apologise for the incident and take accountability for this students behaviour.” The Campaign Against Anti-Semitism, a national organisation which monitors incidents of anti-Jewish racism, said it was aware of the incident and was awaiting the outcome of the investigation.