University opens new base in Malaysia

The University of East Anglia has announced plans to open a new base in Malaysia.

uea itv

Photo: ITV

Opening on the 25th January, the office in Kuala Lumpur is part of the University’s plans to broaden its international reach and reputation, aiming to develop regional business and university partnerships as well as supporting international student recruitment.

Deputy Vice Chanceller Professor David Richardson will address the January launch event, whose guests will include local dignitaries as well as UEA alumni based in the region.

Prof Richardson said: “The opening of our new Malaysia office will play a key role in UEA’s ambitious plans for internationalisation – expanding the reach of our graduates and researchers and bringing high quality students from across the world to enjoy the award-winning student experience at our close-knit Norwich campus. The team has been working hard to set up the office in recent months and I look forward to seeing their exciting plans put into action.”

A permanent team of staff led by regional office manager Peter Ryan will be based at the office in Kuala Lumpur. As well as working on student recruitment, they will support UEA graduates’ employability in the region and also build on existing international links including study abroad programmes, summer schools, exchange trips and research collaborations.

UEA is a popular destination for international students from 128 countries around the world and the university already has

14/01/2014

sophiewitts