Fashion, Featured Posts

Update your look: winter to spring

It’s easy enough to update your spring wardrobe to accommodate for those chilly winter months but to go from winter to spring, without blowing your student loan on a shopping trip, can be a little trickier. Following these simple tricks however, you can battle your way through the temperamental spring weather.

A big bag

It may be warm enough to take off that American Apparel hoody, but you don’t want to be carrying it around all day. You need a big, bright bag. The bigger the better, make a statement with neon colours and don’t be afraid to tie that light scarf around the handle if it’s in late 20 degrees by the afternoon. Don’t be scared to clash, spring/summer is about embracing those colours and the easiest way is in those accessories.

Layer it up

This will be your saving grace when the morning is still icy, but by the afternoon a cider in the square wouldn’t go a miss. A skirt and some thin black tights keep it appropriate for all types of weather, and cardigans over blouses will keep the cold wind at bay. A light scarf will also both look cute and come in handy if the chill kicks in.

Socks

Who doesn’t love a cute pair of socks? Keeping those feet warm if you brave it in bare legs and looking adorable at the same time. Knee-length ones keep it school girl chic and short ankle socks with any shoe gives the preppy look. If you’re really brave, go for brash colours and patterns to keep it looking summery.

Tights

Tights may be best for the spring to winter transitional months, but for winter to spring they can be just as useful. Replace the leggings, jeans and woolly tights with a thinner denier, or go for skin-coloured to keep you looking summery but keeping those legs warm.

Ankle boots

I love a good ankle boot. Heel or no; fake leather or real leather; brown, black or beige; whichever you prefer. Invest in some. They look cute with practically everything, from jeans to skirts, and can be worn year round, season after season. The high street never seems to stop selling these beauties so you have no excuse. Opt for brown leather if you don’t want to seem too hipster, or go black for a more subtle approach. Don’t, however, go for ankle boots and socks. This is not a good look, trust me, I tried it.

So there you have it, five tips to help you through those painful transitional months before summer, where you can don the sunnies without looking like a wannabe gangster rapper, and crop tops (whether you like them or not) will be adorning all the girls with the washboard abs.

08/01/2013

ellasharp

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031