Venue playlist 04/17

Tony Allen

Symphony

Clean Bandit (ft. Zara Larsson)

Clean Bandit follow up the success of Christmas #1 ‘Rockabye’ with a mellower single, this time with 19-year-old Swede Zara Larsson. The ‘Lush Life’ singer tells us about the harmonious joy of love to the Cambridge band’s characteristic tropico-classical backing.

3AM (Pull Up) 

Charli XCX (feat. MØ)

The standout track from Charli XCX’s recent mixtape is a collaboration with rising Danish star MØ. Clearly influenced by Charli’s PC Music connections, the pair combine to create a moody song thanks to MØ’s husky tones with a late twist.

Mireia Molina

3WW

alt-J

Meaning a desired upcoming album release, alt-J’s newest single ‘3WW’ smells of sex. Singing about a sexual encounter, the song mixes an acoustic guitar akin to The Door’s The End and a relaxing and captivating beat. As always, alt-j enchant with a delightful and experimental sound.

Amy Bonar

Third of May/Odaigahara 

Fleet Foxes

Fleet Foxes have returned to bless our ears once more. Whilst still retaining elements of their distinctive sound – the soaring melodies and intricate harmonies – this track feels more bold and experimental. In eight minutes, we’re taken on a journey of sweeping motions, from the majestic, to the melancholic.

Fonda 

SHEIKH

SHEIKH’s debut single ‘Fonda’ encapsulates everything that’s great about indie/alternative rock – glossy guitar riffs and infectious hooks that create an effortlessly anthemic sound.

Alice Mortimer

Liability  

Lorde

One of two comeback releases from Lorde comes in the form of piano ballad ‘Liability’. The 20-year-old bares all to expose a vulnerability never really fulfilled in earlier material. Built with equal parts pain to self-perception, the track, stripped to a sole piano, boasts Lorde’s signature vocal bravura.

You’re In Love With A Psycho 

Kasabian

The Leicester lads are back with the first taste of their follow-up to 2014’s 48:13. This is a record that ditches the electronic hues of their last project to “save guitar music from the abyss”, apparently. It’s not the feisty return the title suggests, but nevertheless serves a hearty portion of Kasabian in case you happened to be missing them…

30/04/2017

Alice Mortimer

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31