Venue’s spring songs

Bibio – Lover’s Carvings

“This chilled-out song from English producer Bibio comes in two halves, starting out with a casual guitar melody before moving to an upbeat rhythm complete with cowbells and lyrics. The division forms a perfect structure for those spring days in which you feel nostalgic about the recent wintery past but also hopeful for the coming summer.” – Joel Shelley

BTS – Spring Day

“A song about the end of winter and beginning of spring, Spring Day is a brilliant song to welcome the warmer weather. Spring Day is a soothing song that fits perfectly with the upcoming season. BTS’ song about the change in seasons is a metaphor about seeing the silver lining in bad situations. Spring Day is a song I listen to when I need cheering up.”

Fifth Harmony – I Lied

“I don’t know why but whenever I listen to I Lied, I get springtime vibes. A song about someone who lied about being in love, I feel like it’s the end of something. But along with that becomes beginnings and renewal – a concept I associate with spring. Spring comes after winter, warmth after cold – I Lied epitomises that feeling.” – Amy Newbery

Frank Turner – The Opening Act of Spring

“Jangly guitar and mandolin combo, folky lyrics, singing about birds and having “Spring” in the name? No doubt that this is Frank Turner’s certified Spring anthem. The Opening Act of Spring is the aural equivalent of sitting in a meadow watching birds and constructively self-loathing. For those who love charming troubadours in their mid-30s who can occasionally make an (almost) positive song, look no further than this cut from Frank’s album Positive Songs for Negative People.” – Nick Mason

27/02/2018

joelamynick

April 2021
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930