Voting open for NUS delegates

UEA students will be able to elect their delegates for the National Union of Students (NUS) conference in a ballot this week, with voting open from Monday 6 November until Friday 10 November.

The NUS annual Conference decides the leadership, policies and direction of the NUS, which is the national organisation which represents students. The conference will be taking place from 27 March to 29 March 2018 in Glasgow.

Ben Whittaker, the Chief Returning Officer for the election said in a press release: “Delegates to NUS Conference decide who represents us in negotiations with the government and what issues the student movement will push for in the next year. It’s an important event and I would urge all students to vote in this ballot.”

He continued: “In recent years, UEA’s NUS elections have been very, very close. In 2016, one candidate was elected by a margin of just 2 votes.

“Your vote really will count. You can decide who represents you on the national stage.”

UEA has five delegate places, two of which are reserved for self-identifying women students.

The vote is open to all students and will take place at www.uea.su/elections.

07/11/2017

matthewnixon

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31