TV

What to watch this summer  

Days on the beach in the summer sun can be as tiring as they are fun, which is why I like to sit back and relax with a new favourite TV show. Here are some of my summer picks: 

If your summer is a little too much of this world, you may need an escape with the rising-stars of Stranger Things, who returned for Season Four Vol. 2 earlier this month (and it is jaw-dropping). Elliot Page takes centre stage in Season Three of The Umbrella Academy, in which the super-powered siblings once more face some time-travel based end of the world family bonding. If Marvel is more your scene, the coming-of-age superhero story of Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel, concludes 13 July. The series so far perfectly contributes to the craft of the MCU’s Phase Four.  

The summer break also provides some time to invest in self-motivation and knowledge, and I can’t think of a better show than This Is Going to Hurt to achieve this. Based on Adam Kay’s memoir, recounting the struggles of junior doctors and OB-GYN departments, the show promises a timely tear-jerker in a year of pandemic recovery and increasing uncertainty for the NHS.  

Finally, no summer TV recommendation list would be complete without a classic beachy guilty pleasure: Ex on the Beach. If nothing else, it can be hilarious to watch couples navigate the same real issues we all experience in relationships, only without student loans and in a tropical paradise.  

12/07/2022

Libby Hargreaves

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031