What to watch this Valentines

Films about love are in abundance, so when it comes around to Valentine’s day, it can be hard to pick which is best to watch!  Let’s look at the options. 

The classics: 

Films like ‘The Notebook’, ‘Love, Rosie’ and ‘Letters to Juliet’ fit into the more classic type of romance story. You are guaranteed to feel the highs and lows of love, ending on an uplifting and happy ending. The storylines are easy to follow and you know exactly what is expected. If it isn’t broken, why fix it! 

A new release: 

February 12th will see the third and final film in the ‘To all the boys I’ve loved before’ series. The film, ‘To All the Boys: Always and Forever’ is sure to be the perfect romantic, feel-good movie! 

Something steamier: 

In the past, we’ve seen steamier films be popular around Valentine’s day, like the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ film series. Valentine’s day is special, and for some, it is the chance to indulge in something passionate. Even something like ‘Dirty Dancing’ is a good watch for something that doesn’t go quite as far as the more explicit movies but still shows an intimate and lustful side to a love story. 

Add a bit of music to your day: 

Having a good sing song is sure to leave you with happy warm fuzzy feelings! Something like ‘Grease’, ‘La La Land’, or ‘The Greatest Showman’ would be a great watch for a serotonin boost! 

Celebrating all love: 

Especially in 2021, there is even less of a reason to just watch a film that centres around heterosexual love. In a society where we strive for equality for all, why not watch something this Valentine’s day that celebrates more than just one kind of love. Films such as ‘Love, Simon’ and ‘Call me by your name’  have been popular choices in the last few years! Sites like Netflix have a wide variety of films that explore LGBTQ+ love, so have a browse and explore love that strays from the traditionally explored heterosexual love.  

Go personal: 

The best films to watch on Valentine’s day are ones that have a personal connection to you and your partner. You could rewatch the first film you ever watched together, or each pick a film you love but have never seen with your partner. Doing something personal may create more memorable and romantic Valentines day experiences. 

09/02/2021

Leia Butler

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930