What’s happening in Norwich this year?

Norwich has a vibrant history of showcasing musical talent of all genres. Whether you’re looking to experience an intimate gig featuring up and coming bands, or are wanting to hear some world-famous performers, Norwich has something to offer. Luckily, this year is no exception and local venues are hosting an incredible array of musicians from around the world.

Just around the corner is Wildpaths festival – a multi-venue music festival situated right in the heart of Norwich. Between the 14th – 17th of October, over 200 acts will perform across 20 stages. Felt like you missed out on seeing live music during the pandemic? Well, this might just be the perfect cure. With headliners this year including Sports Team, Biig Piig and Palace, it’s definitely not one to miss. There are even late-night DJ sets for all of you who never want the party to end.

Another festival to keep an eye out for in the latter half of the academic year is the Norfolk and Norwich festival, which will be celebrating its 250th anniversary in 2022. Although the festival doesn’t solely focus on music, they put on an impressive showcase of talent. Earlier this year they actually collaborated with Wildpaths to host the likes of Poppy Ajudha and Moses Boyd. Make sure to keep an eye out for more details.

Of course, UEA’s own LCR is also set to bring in some big names this year. With something for everybody, acts include Wolf Alice, Oh Wonder and Architects. Especially if you’re on campus, why not take a look at what the LCR has to offer? World class acts are literally playing right on your doorstep.

If somehow none of the above has caught your attention, then perhaps the Waterfront or Voodoo Daddys Showroom will have what you’re looking for. I personally recommend Voodoo Daddys for a night of great music, drinks and pizza.

The Norwich music scene has so much to offer. Why not make this year the one where you get involved?

05/10/2021

Elizabeth Woor

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031