What’s new in science – 1st December

A study shows that one poor night of sleep has same effect on blood sugar as eating a high-fat diet for six months.

Plastic rubbish travels to Arctic waters posing threats to wildlife in the area.

“100,000 birds are annually”, poisoned by lead.

US scientists reveal spiders can be identified by the DNA left on their webs.

Europe’s ExoMars project ready to send satellite to Mars – ten years after approval.

Jeff Bezos (Amazon entrepreneur) has claimed success on the second flight of his New Shepard spaceship.

Research suggests a glass of wine a day may help people age slower.

Musicians and scientists team up to create the ‘world’s safest driving song’.

A study has revealed over half of Amazon rainforest tree species in the region are ‘threatened with extinction’ due to forest fires and deforestation.

A fall in the British butterfly population by 58% in ten years could be due to pesticides.

Scientists suggest Mars will get its own ring when its moon is ripped apart by gravity.

Studies show that loneliness triggers cellular changes that can cause illness.

Humans and turtles share important skin proteins from a common ancestor.

01/12/2015

jacobbeebe Going into his 2nd year of his Biomedicine degree, Jacob plans to spend his time in the hive huddled around a cuppa’ - more than likely sporting a befuddled expression on his face. Aside from his studies he is a guitarist, saxophonist and a budding drummer. Previously a committed Environment writer, he aims to make the newly formed Science and Environment section an interesting new addition to Concrete.

123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930