What’s new in science – February 23rd

According to new study, there is a tiny sea snail “swims like a bee”

Scientists say neanderthals and modern humans were interbreeding much earlier than was previously thought

There has been significant advance for regenerative medicine as custom-made, living body parts have been 3D-printed

Biologists have described new species of extinct plant, based on fossiised flowers trapped in chunks of amber for more than 15 million years

Scientists have discovered eight new species of spider with whiplike legs

Tens of thousands of blacktip sharks are gathering around Florida’s coast, just a stone’s throw away

January smashed another global temperature record as it became the warmest January by a considerable margin

Global food production needs a “significant” boost of phosphorus-based fertiliser to meet future demands for food

Research suggests iron meteorites are buried in Antarctica, just under the ice

Birth of a two legged lamb in Turkey shocks country

23/02/2016

jacobbeebe Going into his 2nd year of his Biomedicine degree, Jacob plans to spend his time in the hive huddled around a cuppa’ - more than likely sporting a befuddled expression on his face. Aside from his studies he is a guitarist, saxophonist and a budding drummer. Previously a committed Environment writer, he aims to make the newly formed Science and Environment section an interesting new addition to Concrete.

March 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031