Travel

What’s on my travel bucket list?

There’s something about exploring new places and adventures that have always appealed to me. The thrill of being on the road and arriving in a foreign place is addicting, if I must say. Like most people, I have a mental list of dream destinations that I must visit one day. But I also find it fun to have unique experiences in my bucket list to check off!

Japan is a country teeming with unique culture, beautiful temples, sakura trees and home of the majestic Mount Fuji. But something I’ve always dreamed of was exploring its delectable cuisine. Sushi and sashimi are some of my favorite foods, so what could be better than going where they originated? I also wonder what melt-in-the-mouth wagyu tastes like. Living in Indonesia, Japan is actually not that far for me. In fact, we had planned a trip there for this December, but had to cancel due to the pandemic. What a shame, indeed.

Another thing I’d love is to run a marathon in a foreign country. It doesn’t have to be one of the World Marathon Majors like Boston or Berlin, although belting one of those would be cool. Of course, I still have an incredibly long way to go in terms of my physical ability, especially as I’ve only begun to pick up running again.

Recently, I watched a vlog of a girl horse trekking alone in Mongolia and realized how amazing it would be to explore the country’s natural beauty on horseback. Mongols are some of the world’s best riders and considering my sort-of childhood equestrian dream – it couldn’t be more perfect!

I could honestly go on and on, but these are top on my list. At the end of the day, I believe that the world is simply too remarkable for us not to go and see as much as we can of it. So, what’s on your bucket list?

03/11/2020

Erica Thajeb