Travel

Why I Travel

I’ve never been able to fathom why anyone would want to stay in the same place for their entire life. Of course, everyone’s entitled to do whatever makes them happiest, but I’m hyperaware that there’s an entire world out there, waiting to be discovered! Filled with new experiences to discover, new people to meet, and new cuisines to try.

My parents ensured my early childhood was filled with adventure – road trips, day trips, and holidays to the UK coast, so this firmly instilled a spontaneous and curious aspect to my character. Thus, at a young age my goal in life became to visit, and live in, as many new places as possible.

I think something that people forget is that travelling doesn’t have to be a trip to a far-flung corner of the globe (although that is still fun too) it could be as simple as exploring a town 20 miles from yours – it’s still an adventure if you make it one.

With the places I’ve visited, I’d like to be able to say that I’ve squeezed every last drop of enjoyment out of them, and witnessed as much as I can of what they have to offer.

To me, absolutely nothing in life beats the first glimpses of a new place as you roll in, whether that be on a train, plane, bus or by foot. The anticipation is exciting, but the gratification of taking in the new scenery truly satisfies the curiosity.

I have so many travel plans for the future, USA road trips, safari parks in south Africa, igloos in Finland, but whilst the COVID-19 pandemic continues to ravage on – I’ve zoned in on closer to home, with weekend trips in the UK, and making a conscious effort to explore my university city more.

13/04/2021

Anastasia Christodoulou

December 2021
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031