Home of the Wonderful

Will you be swayed by Politics at UEA?

​​If you are someone taking a Politics related degree, or are just someone who is interested in the subject, we definitely recommend you join us at UEA Politics Society. 

UEA Politics Society holds a wide range of both academic and social events throughout the year for our members. 

Our main academic events come in the form of ‘Politics on Wednesdays’, which we work with the Politics school to organise. ‘Politics on Wednesdays’ either takes the form of a guest speaker talking on a particular political topic they specialise in, or staff-student debates where a panel of staff and students debate a particular topic. If you can believe it these events take place on a Wednesday.

‘Politics on Wednesdays’ are a great way to learn something new about a particular topic by listening to someone who specialises in it and asking them questions. They are also a good way to build up confidence and public speaking experience by sharing and expressing your ideas in a public setting. 

We hold a variety of social events across the year, some large scale and some small scale, with some involving alcohol and some not involving alcohol. Examples of past socials include: laser tag, bowling, pub quizzes, pub crawls, and club nights. We also hold a formal winter dinner at the end of first semester and a summer ball at the end of the year so our members can have a well deserved break after a term of hard work. Once a year we also run an international trip to somewhere in Europe, past locations including Berlin and Budapest.

Our socials are a great way to make new friends and have fun, as well as allowing you to take a well-deserved rest from academic work. It is these sorts of things that create memories and friends that last a lifetime, which we believe university is all about.

All this only costs £3 in membership for the year, so if you are interested in the events we hold, please join – we’d love to have you.

14/09/2021

UEA Politics Society

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930