Ingredients for this recipe:

Cheesecake Mix

200g cream cheese

25g caster sugar

1 large egg

Cake Mix

175g butter

250g caster sugar

4 large eggs

200g self raising flour

50g ground almonds

75g natural yoghurt

Vanilla extract

Flaked almonds

250g strawberries

This cake combines a delicious sponge with some cheesecake mixture to create a luxurious, moist texture – perfect for a sumptuous afternoon tea or a cheeky dessert.

Pre-heat the oven to 160º celsius and grease and line a 23cm cake tin.

Whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar and egg to create a smooth, thin mixture, but you don’t want this to be too runny.This is your cheesecake mixture, put it to one side for now.

In another bowl, mix u p t h e softened butter, sugar, four eggs, flour, ground almonds, yoghurt and vanilla. This is your cake mixture.

Pour half of the cake mixture into the tin. Don’t worry if this seems surprisingly little or shallow – just persevere.

Dollop half of the cheesecake mix around the circular tin. This is easier if the mix is in a jug and has a spout, because you’ll have greater control.

Scatter half of the strawberries over the first combined layer and then pour over the last of the cake mix.Don’t worry if this looks like it’s completely ruined your perfectly patterned circles becuase this makes it nice and gooey.

Repeat the process using the second half of the cheesecake mix and the strawberries.

For decoration, add the final few strawberries with the skin facing up. Scatter over a good handful or two of the flaked almonds.

Bake it in the oven for about 50 minutes, until it’s all golden and moist. Poke with a skewer or a knife – if it comes out clean, you’re done – if it starts to get too brown, cover with some foil and try cooking it for a little longer.

Once out of the oven, leave it to cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes, then serve.