Competitions, OldVenue, Travel

Win two tickets to Soundwave Festival Croatia!

Concrete is excited to offer our readers the chance to win two free tickets to Soundwave Festival Croatia – Europe’s most beautiful, boutique music event.

The background to the festival is an idyllic secret cove in the heart of the Dalmation Coast and Tisno itself is sun-drenched and secluded, close to the beautiful Krka Waterfalls. Heralded as one of ‘Europe’s Best Music Festivals’ by The Independent, Soundwave Festival Croatia makes the most of its bountiful setting year on year with boat parties, beach stages and club nights.

For the 6th year running, Soundwave Festival will be held in Tisno, with its most eclectic line-up yet. 7-piece New Zealand outfit Fat Freddy’s Drop lead the pack, followed by a highly-anticipated DJ set from one of hip hop’s most legendary artists, the Los Angeles based DJ/Producer/Rapper – Madlib, and British electronic music DJ/Producer Mr Scruff.

Other line-up highlights include Gold Panda who made headlines in 2013 after the release of the critically acclaimed ‘Half Of Where You Live’, Jonwayne; recipient of the Giles Petersen Worldwide Awards ‘album of the year’, and 9-piece Leeds-based dub band Gentleman’s Dub Club and 6 Music DJ & frontman of The Fun Lovin’ Criminals Huey Morgan, alongside standout performers from last years festival; Om Unit, Eliphino, Riot Jazz and Andrew Ashong. Rounding up a typically diverse Soundwave line-up are Anushka and Dele Sosimi, the latter set to deliver a tribute to the legendary Fela Kuti.

But there’s more!

Every year the festival’s boat parties serve up some of the biggest highlights of the summer. The site has its own dock, seconds from the main stage, from which The Argonaughty embarks on a Funktion 1-powered tour of the Dalmatian coast, taking in the delightful Komati Islands on a three-hour journey of music.

The Boat Parties have now been announced featuring line-ups from Beat The Future vs Astral Black, Gretchen vs So Flute, Soundcash vs Tempoclash, UpMyAlley vs Nightdrive and many more.

As well as offering opportunities to camp, Soundwave encourages its festival-goers to explore the setting by taking apartments in the town, presenting the chance to discover some of the finest Croatian cuisine and drink. The heritage and history of the area is embraced by organisers who also enjoy the annual donkey races! The festival sits neatly between Zadar and Split airports, allowing festival-goers to fly in from all over Europe. Transfers will be available to book throughout the festival.

To enter: add your name and UEA email address below – this competition is only open to UEA students so only UEA email addresses will be accepted. All others will be removed from the draw.

Closing date: 4th June 2014. A winner will be drawn at random on 5th June 2014. The winner will be notified by email.

All other info can be found at: www.soundwavecroatia.com

This competition is now closed, congratulations to Lucinda Swain!

21/05/2014

geriscott With a blood to caffeine ratio of around 50/50, you can usually find Geri in the media hub nursing a cup of tea. After writing for the newspaper for every issue in her second year, Geri will now be balancing her final year of her Politics degree with running Concrete and working in the Union House reception. She is also the President of the Concrete committee.