Fashion

Winter Beauty Essentials

Autumn is definitely here, which means it is time to put away the bronzer and try out some beauty products that will see you through the winter.

Flickr: R L Johnson.

First up, it’s lip balm. It may not be the most exciting of beauty items, but Clinique have managed to combine glamour and practicality in their Chubby Sticks. If you can look past the £16 price tag, they are a must-have. With sixteen colours to choose from it’s tough to pick a favourite, but ‘Heaping Hazelnuts’, a glossy nude colour, is perfect for every day and the colour is sheer enough to apply on-the-go.

When it comes to night time, dark coloured lips are everywhere this season. Red may be a classic, but something darker is guaranteed to make a statement. Try Topshop’s “Beguiled”; at £8 it is a bargain and an easy way to update your look. Keep eyes simple to achieve the look seen on Gucci’s models for their Autumn/Winter collection.

As for nails, put away the bright colours’ this season, the darker the better. OPI’s ‘Lincoln Park After Dark’ is my all-time favourite. Almost black, it stays on the glamorous side of Goth. For a more purse-friendly option, try Topshop’s Nails in ‘Lead’, a metallic black that goes on perfectly with just one coat. If black nail polish isn’t your thing, try grey; Essie’s ‘Chinchilly’ is a classic that goes with everything.

Finally, while it may be chilly outside, it’s not quite cold enough for mittens, so don’t forget the hand cream. Show off your new manicure with L’Occitane’s Shea Butter Hand Cream, which comes in a travel-sized tube, perfect for keeping in your bag.
These essentials should see you through the cold weather in style, but a hat, scarf, and a Pumpkin Spice Latte are also highly recommended.

23/10/2012

clairekidman